Saturday, December 11, 2010

Advent 3.1 - Desert in Bloom


"The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, the desert shall rejoice and blossom; like the crocus it shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice with joy and singing."

Isaiah 35:1

I'm not sure I can even count how many people I know who have lost loved ones in the past week. I am working on this myself, and I've had 25 months to get used to Christmas without. Thinking of all those families and remembering the first one, I recall only relentless, unadulterated anguish.

A couple of months ago, I made an eight-day silent retreat. Late on the last night, my director for that week showed me a passage that he has marked in his own Bible with the words "Gutsy faith" and said they were for me, too. I've written the same words in the margin next to the passage in mine. You can look it up. Habakkuk 3:17-19.





Sharon Maia Wilson Painting Here


1 comment:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I did...and yes...I love the term "gutsy faith".