Thursday, December 11, 2008

Possible Light

I bought some candles today.

Most people are well into Christmas preparations. Two weeks from today, right?

Most years by now, I would have ordered turkeys, filled the kitchen with the nonperishables, purchased gifts and wrapping paper, started playing Christmas CDs, scouted out tree locations, organized my friends to bring food on Christmas night.

I can't think about it.

Today I received a beautiful note from someone who has tried many times over the past three months to bring some hope into my life.

Gratitude? Is that what I felt? It seems like a foreign country, but one which I might visit again.

So I went out and bought candles.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I'm glad you have someone in your life who offers you support and maybe hope. Even though I blogged that I am getting ready, it's more like I am THINKING about it. So getting candles is good. If you don't do anything else, candles will be beautiful, signifying the Light of the world. (((GG)))

Stratoz said...

missed that you were doing this project.... craft show delirium???

candles are cool. candle stench is bad... in my opinion (except for bees wax)